Jan 25, 2010

Soap Magic

A scientific phenomenon. A pastime of the ages. It's something that no matter how we analyze and explain things like adhesion/cohesion and whatnot, never loses its magic.

So for my next trick, the theme will be...bubbles! Not just any bubbles, mind you. But uber-durable, gigantic ones.

After watching a few videos like this one, I was completely hooked on the idea. It sounds like a great pastime for the windy hilltop where I live, and ties into another project of mine as well.

While there are plenty of sites that teach you how to make your own solution, I'm going to be busy with my cosplay project, so I'm just going to make things simple (for once) and buy some good stuff off the shelf. I settled on Fan Yang by Gazillion bubbles.

The bubble maker itself, though, is a different question. You see a lot of people making gigantic bubbles with the one this guy uses, which various people also have for sale. But it doesn't look to hard to make. A little string, a couple of sticks, can't be too hard, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment